- Townsview Primary School is a fee-paying school and payment of school fees is compulsory. The fees for 2020 are as follows:
- R7 068,00 per learner, which is payable in eleven (11) monthly instalments of R642,55 per month.
- R589,00 is payable per month if you choose to pay over twelve (12) months.
- If you have paid January 2020’s school fees of R700.00 in 2019, the balance is payable in ten (10) monthly installments.
Account Name: Townsview Primary School
Bank: Nedbank, Rosettenville
Branch Code: 191505
Account Number: 1915094305
Reference: Child’s Name, Surname & Grade
Grades R, 1 & 2: 07h40 – 13h35 (Monday – Friday)
Grade 3: 07h40 – 13h35 (Monday & Tuesday)
07h40 – 13h55 (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Grade 4 – 7: 07h40 – 14h25 (Monday)
07h40 – 13h55 (Tuesday – Friday)
Your co-operation will be greatly appreciated with the following arrangements:
- All learners must enter the school through the bottom gate in Valda Street in the mornings from 07h00.
- Grades R, 1 & 2:
- The Valda Street bottom gate will be open from 13h35 – 13h45 on Mondays – Fridays.
- Grade 3:
- The Valda Street bottom gate will be open from 13h35 – 13h45 on Mondays & Fridays.
- On Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays all Grade 3 learners must exit the school via the Valda Street bottom gate at 13h55.
- After 13h55 (Tuesdays – Fridays) and 14h25 (Mondays) ALL learners must leave the school via the Valda Street bottom gate. No learners will be allowed to leave the school via the top Valda Street entrance as there are vehicles entering and exiting this gate.
- These arrangements may seem tedious, but they’re made to ensure the safety of your children.
- Foundation Phase learners who need to make use of waiting class until 14h25 (Mondays) and 13h35 (Tuesday – Fridays), must remain in the classroom. THE ONLY LEARNERS WHO SHOULD MAKE USE OF THE WAITING CLASSES ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE OLDER BROTHERS AND/OR SISTERS IN THE SCHOOL AND ARE WAITING FOR THEM FOR TRANSPORT. NO OTHER LEARNERS WILL BE ACCOMMODATED IN THE WAITING CLASS!
- No parents will be allowed to wait on the school premises for their child. The bottom gate in Valda Street will only be opened when the bell rings.
- A reminder that during peak times:
- 07h00 – 07h45: Mondays – Fridays
- 13h55 – 14h10: Tuesdays – Fridays
- 14h25 – 14h40: Mondays
Valda Street is a ONE-WAY running towards Main Street and Crozier Street is a ONE-WAY running towards Mabel Street. We have four staff members plus our Scholar Patrol on duty in Valda Street at the end of the school day. THEY ARE THERE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR CHILDREN. Any abuse received by parents will be dealt with severely. Fortunately, the majority of our parents and learners obey the rules of the road.
- Parents are also reminded that all learners not attending an extra-mural must vacate the school premises immediately when the school day ends. Learners waiting for transport must do so at the bus stop.
- It is not safe to leave your children waiting outside the school gate in the afternoons. Please ensure your children are picked up on time. If your children walk home, encourage them to do so quickly and not to loiter on the way home.
Visits to the School:
- Report to the administration office upon entering the school.
- Educators are not available to meet with any parents/guardians during teaching time, unless a prior arrangement has been made when the educator has administrative time.
- If you wish to discuss a matter concerning your child, it is preferable to set up an appointment with the relevant educator via the homework diary or through the secretaries.
- If, after discussions with the educator, you wish to see the Principal, appointments during school hours may be made through the secretaries.
Change of Contact Details:
It is imperative that the school be notified immediately should home/business/emergency contact telephone numbers or residential address change during the course of the year. This information may be forwarded to the school either by letter, via the telephone or e-mail.
- Rosettenville (up to Violet Street & Lang Street)
- Kenilworth (up to Cnr. Diering Street & Leonard Street)
- Forest Hill (top of Golf Street)